Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting back...


Wow. My poor little neglected blog. This has been a busy year and seems all my energy has been required in other places, leaving little of "me" left for my art or my blogging. The "big" things are over for now, and with an empty nest looming on the horizon I think I can enjoy my blogging once again!

The most recent distraction was a week as Craft Director at Northwest Christian Camp for the Deaf. This was my 3rd year, so I knew the facilities, general schedule and many of the kids well enough to do efficient planning. It was a long week and I'm exhausted, but I am so pleased with how things went; it seems everyone had a great time with the crafts. I am especially pleased because on my limited budget I have to have crafts for about 100 campers for 4 days plus decorate the large cafeteria (tables, walls and beams) for the big banquet on the last night. This year I opted for a 3' x 8' mosaic as a thank you gift for the host camp facilities instead of the usual poster board card. (Never mind that I've never really done a mosaic and grout before!)

I'll be posting pix soon. I hope you are inspired by things the kids and I have done.

No comments: