Sunday, March 29, 2009

Vista House #1


Five years ago I altered a photo of the Vista House at Crown Point (about 24 miles east of Portland, OR) to look like a vintage postcard and used iron on transfer paper to put the image on white canvas in order to make a tote/purse. (Notice I also removed the trash bin and fence) I bought Blue canvas and a blue batik for the sides, handles and lining. Then I got interrupted. The project was packed up, surfacing only long enough to dole out some guilt from time to time.



Recently, I pulled the picture panels out. My regular purse broke and I thought this would be a great excuse to finish the Vista House purse. Unfortunately, I could only find the photo panels and the lining. I don't know if I used the canvas for another project, gave it away one time when purging my stash or if it is still amid the clutter strewn about as I continue renovating my studio.



I gave up on the canvas and decided on recycled denim instead. I actually think I'll like this better. I need to complete the machine and hand embroidery, add some embellishments and finish construction, but it's started. (I had to put it on hold again when I realized that April starts this week and I have an artist deadline at church on Thursday for our Easter exhibit!)




1 comment:

RaNae said...

Wow! I'd say this is an ambitious project. At least you found as much as you did. I like the blue denim.