Friday, February 1, 2008

Cold Day, Warm Heart


We haven't actually had much snow for a few days, but some of the raindrops are slushy and my daughter had 2 snow days this week. We may even get some flakes overnight. The first half of my week was spent preparing many last minute details for the basketball tournament our school is hosting. The rest of the week has been focused on taking photos, supervising students taking photos (part of their final exam) and preparing photos for sharing in slide shows and eventually on our school website. I've been working 10 to 12+ hour days. I left after only 10 today because I'm beat and still fighting the beginnings of a cold (and I had to do laundry so I can go back to work tomorrow!). Another full day tomorrow, a few hours of meetings on Sunday (my daughter is going on a mission trip to Burkina Faso, Africa, in July), then I plan to put on my PJs, curl up on the couch and enjoy the Super Bowl!

Art has taken a back seat this week, but I have sketched and worked on the big heart that will become postcards. Today I made a quick wool heart with rustic stitches and a silvery snowflake just to honor our chilly week.

No comments: