Monday, January 28, 2008

Beauty from ashes



One of my postcard lists' owner/moderator's condo burned last week and she lost everything but the clothes on her back. That would be devastating for anyone, but for those of us who sew, quilt or "make art" we have our stash of fabrics, papers, paints and other necessities for our creations. Then there are the collections of postcards received from exchanges with individuals all over the world.

My card for Phyllis is made from recycled wool clothing and includes random embroidery stitches. For me, art can make beauty of chaos - beauty from ashes. My wish and prayer is for Phyllis to have a speedy recovery from this chaos and that she will find beauty in the process.

2 comments:

Jacq said...

DeBee, Is there any thing we can do for your friend Phyllis? Could we help rebuild her stash or anything else? Your card is great.

morningDove said...

wow I will keep her in prayer. I ditto Jacq's request.
I found this heart sitehttp:
//www.heartinhandscraps.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=560 and thought you might enjoy it.
Its Catherine Matthews-Scanlon.