Sunday, January 27, 2008

Coffee Cuff


My daughter's coworker drew a quick sketch for her during a break. My daughter wanted to make her a coffee cup cuff as a "thank you." I've been making them since I read the article in QuiltingArts magazine, Winter 2006. She chose the fabrics and did some stamping, I did the sewing, including reproducing her drawing with free motion embroidery on the back side of the cuff. The drawing had lots of small details, which I found impossible to do well (especially since I couldn't see even under the free motion foot). The embroidery is actually in that bright green, but it didn't show up well, so I changed it to white in Photoshop so it could be seen.

1 comment:

morningDove said...

what a sweet story, drawing and cuff you made. great color, i'm sure coworker will love it.