Friday, January 4, 2008

Constructed Heart #26


More packing tape and metallic paint. Wanted something different than a hanging heart, so covered the lid of a plain heart box.

I've had some fun this week, foraging for fabric. (I've been debating over whether it was "hunting" or "gathering." I've decided that foraging is a better term.) I love to hit the thrift shops to find stuff for my art. This week one store had bins and racks of fabric that were just 49¢ each. I got some great wool (including red and deep purple) and some awesome buttons. Yesterday I got another vintage scarf - with cafe chairs all over it. I also got a suede jacket to cut up - after just reading an article on making metallic painted baby moccasins. Another 49¢ find was a gold silk pants/shirt set. Can't wait to play with dyes and make a scarf. Do you forage, too?

No comments: