Sunday, December 30, 2007

Constructed Heart #25



Just days before Christmas the sister of one of my students had an accident on an icy road and died. Any death is difficult, but a 24 year old young lady just days before a holiday is particularly difficult for family and friends. My heart and prayers have been focused on the family. This heart is dedicated to my student and her family.

The dark colors and words common in tragic situations reflect the "darkness" that we feel during such times. The dry brushed silver paint makes the blue/black look like cold, hard metal. Yet in tragedy there is hope and time heals all hearts. Metallic teal and words of hope and love are spreading up from the bottom of the heart. I pray the family will feel the healing presence of God and that rays of love will help heal their pain. We never forget a loss, but we go on with the strength of our loved ones.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

I love that the heart represents hope, even when it is the color of icy pavement. I've been thinking about our student, too. As if she doesn't already have a big enough obstacle of her own. Here's to growth: a violet breaking through concrete.

Fannie said...

Sorry to hear about this tragic event. My thoughts and prayers go to the family and you. Did creating this heart help with expressing your feelings of this tragedy?

So Much To See said...

It did help. I heard that other artists use their art to work through feelings (joy or pain) and since I am wanting to put my heart into my art more, I gave it a shot.

Now, I must do another project, though my initial plan is more involved. A friend from my shepherding group (like Sunday school) passed away Wednesday. I plan to do a "postcard" wall hanging. Just planning what to do has been helpful.

Fannie said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, DeBee. You have the opportunity to create another meaningful art piece. Throw your heart into the project and see what results. I'm sure it will be glorious!