Friday, December 28, 2007

Constructed Heart #24


I've needed a clock in my studio for quite a while. I did some prep work on this heart recently and finally got it made yesterday. I wanted to keep it whimsical as well as functional.

This is one of those pre-cut wood shapes from the craft store with a short-stemmed clock works. I painted the background with liquid acrylic red and stamped with Lumiere metallics. Numbers were painted with white first, then with the metallic teal. Small holes were drilled around the edge for wire stitching. I found I couldn't see the gold hands well, so I added black triangles of paper to make them more visible.

3 comments:

morningDove said...

I like the whimsical heart clock. What made you decide to off-center the clock hands? a very unique idea.

So Much To See said...

Because it was for my art/creative area I wanted to keep it upbeat and whimsical. Off-center just seemed to fit with that idea. Most of my life I have naturally drawn and made things that were symmetrical... time to mix things up! Thanks for your comment.

Gayle said...

LOVE IT! How did I miss this one?