Thursday, December 6, 2007

Constructed Heart #9 and a half


This was a total experiment. I've been interested in caustic wax collage, but haven't done anything about it. I've also dabbled with my soldering iron and never seem to get things to work right.

Well, I bent the wire and managed and ugly blob of solder at the join. I then layered some of my Christmas tissue paper, a Christmas tree charm, some threads, glitter and a shell button with hot beeswax. I stuck it in the freezer to harden and voila! Not great, but not bad for improv.



As long as I had that soldering iron hot, I decided to use my new glass slide squares. I layered music (with "heart" and some mica powder and used foil tape on the edges. I couldn't get the solder to work, but at least it is cute. (a "bonus" heart for today)

I must learn what I'm doing wrong with that solder. I use flux, heat the iron... and the solder just balls up and dribbles off, not sticking to the wires. I'll get it some day.

No comments: