Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Constructed Heart #19



Most of the time she teaches writing to ungrateful teenagers. Though a few are writers themselves, most teens don't relish getting their nouns and verbs to agree nor all those other rules of English. She also teaches drama to students with a wide range of abilities. Tonight is the closing night for "The Outsiders." She puts her heart and soul into her work and into our students. She is an amazing lady who doesn't always have the time to devote to her own writing talents. This "Writer's Heart" is for Gayle. The small journal is attached with hook and loop tape, so she can read quotes about writing or jot a note of her own.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Bee,
I can't tell you how much this means to me. It was my favorite present of the season. Of course, reading your sweet words, I want to counter with all of the stuff I could do better. But what I couldn't improve upon is how precious your friendship is. I love that I can be my wacky self and you still think I'm great. I treasure you. Thank you for the honor of being the subject of one of your cool blogs! Have a restful break.

So Much To See said...

Gayle-
So glad you like it. I just create what is in me to make and hopefully it turns out okay. You add such life and energy to my day at work. Hope your time off is rejuvenating!

morningDove said...

You guys made me cry. How awesome to have a friendship like that.