Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Constructed Heart #13

I actually started this heart a few days ago, but realized I couldn't finish it in just one day. I purchased a 2' x 2' square of plywood, cut the shape with my jigsaw and sketched out the ideas. It isn't as nice as I had hoped, but not bad since painting is not really my "thing." I much prefer sewing or other fiber crafts. But we did need something for our lawn and since I'm making hearts anyway... It needs a bit of touch up on the edges and some kind of sealer to withstand the elements. For now, it will have to stay on the porch to be protected.

4 comments:

Fannie said...

Are you kidding: "It isn't as nice as I had hoped, but not bad since painting is not really my thing."

I think you did a great job, and I think you can safely call yourself a painter.

morningDove said...

Hello DeBee: I love this piece of peace. It looks so serene and draws me into to imagine what it was like during the birth of Jesus. Your star - well the glow on it draws me upward. thanks for sharing and thanks for lookig at my blog and commenting. What is your focus on in Bible study?

So Much To See said...

Thanks for your comments, MorningDove. I am generally studying several things at once. An ongoing study of "hearts" in the Bible actually prompted the heart artwork. I also take turns teaching a Sunday School class for Deaf adults, so study more for that. I also have my own study process that takes me through Old and New Testaments. What are you studying?

So Much To See said...

Fannie-
Thanks for the compliments, but you have the advantage of only looking at a small, low resolution photo of the piece. *grin* I love the way that smooths out the rough spots!