Monday, January 7, 2008

Constructed Heart #28


I used the same techniques as yesterday to deal with another emotional day. What were the odds? The last day of school before vacation brought news of a student's sister perishing in a crash on an icy road. The first day back to school brought news a sister of another student has life-threatening injuries from a crash on an icy road. Lightning can strike twice! But for me, the love of Christ staves off the darkness of despair we may be tempted to feel. Through Christ I can face any difficulty. No, these accidents didn't involve my family or loved ones, but I do get emotional with all events in my "community." My prayers are with the families and for a miracle for my student's sister today.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Bee,

Yes.

I use a different vocabulary to describe just what you said. You say it so genuinely, I understand it. Not just words, if you catch my meaning.

Yes.

I saw this one in person. Powerful, as powerful as being real and honest.