Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spring Green


I just finished my next set of 6 postcards. I used a bright green fabric (the colors do not show up well in this photo) for the background and added long lines of straight stitching in bright colors. I wanted to have solid yellow circles, but nothing in my stash seemed right. Then I saw it - the bright yellow duct tape! It was just the ticket. My only mishap was forgetting about the duct tape and briefly ironing on the front of one card! I doodled with some metallic blue paint to cover the damage.




We've had some very welcome sun-drenched days and the crocuses are blooming. Spring seems to be on the way and I wanted to bring some of that freshness and whimsy to the cards. I hope the recipients get a smile with their cards.

Finished Card

Painted Mistake

Back of cards

No comments: