Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday?

Mine was pretty colorful! I don't generally hit those ultra-early sales, unless there is something significantly discournted that I plan to buy anyway. I did venture out around 9 am and hit some of my favorite craft and thrift stores. I managed to buy a few presents and stocking stuffers, but embarrassingly, most of the goodies were just for me!
One of my most extravagant purchases was a set of richly toned embossing powders. I wanted to add a few colors to my meager stash, but they didn't have a big selection and each 1 0z. jar was over $3. With my 40% off coupon, the set of 16 half-ounce vials was only $17.99. Sure, it cost a bit more, but the colors... Oh! the colors! Very deep, rich colors! More my style than the few pastels on the shelf. I put back some of my other splurges so I wouldn't overindulge too much.

You can see some of the rich colors on yesterday's circle. I took the embossing pad and pressed just the corner, embossed and then repeated a little distance away. It had lots of texture, but when I covered it all with a thick coat of clear, they softened and blended. I still like it, but I think next time I will use the diamond glaze and retain some of that texture.

I hope your "Black Friday" had some colors just for you!

No comments: