Thursday, November 20, 2008

Circles

It's been hard to "do" art lately with my materials and supplies spread throughout the house. The studio is now painted and the major furniture pieces are built. I'm still adding a few shelves to the closet and need to re-attach the peg boards, but things are starting to be functional. Yippee!!

I wanted something artsy on the walls. I thought of all manner of border possiblities (from fabric swatches to tissue paper to ceramic tile and more), but when my eyes fell on the chipboard circles at Craft Warehouse the bells and whistles went off. I will be creating groupings of various sized circles in several places in the room. So, just about daily I am decorating circles using various techniques. Each is finished with a high gloss coat of Diamond Glaze or ultra thick clear embossing powder. I may use polyurethane and/or resin in the future, too. (I was interested to note that there are glossy little design circles given on Facebook called Flair. That is kind of what will be on my walls.)

The circles are various sizes, so if I only have a little time I can choose a smaller circle! The fun part is that I get to play with a variety of materials and mediums. I have so far used paper packing tape, acrylic paints (some metallic, of course), ink, glitter, mica powder and fabric. Yesterday's is my favorite so far, that is why it begins this blog! (3" chipboard circle, fabric, rubber stamping, metallic paint, metallic marker)

No comments: